1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut in a medium bowl.
3. Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat eggs in until well combined and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Combine papaya and coconut milk well. (I recommend you use a food processor or blender.)
5. Add the papaya and coconut mixture to the wet ingredients.
6. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet, adding a little at a time.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake about 40-50 minutes. Check using a toothpick inserted inside the cake. Cool at least ten minutes in the pans.
8. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. (I might have cheated and tasted it almost immediately, which proved to be messy, but quite delicious.) It will firm up nicely after it cools!
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar (can add more if you like it sweeter.)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2(+) cups mashed papaya.
1/2 cup coconut milk.